Are you one of the many students on the UMD campus with a business major? Odds are, you are. Our campus offers an array of business majors ranging from Accounting to Health Care Management to Economics to Marketing Analtyics. We’ve put together a few resources to help you through the career planning process. Included are: what you can do with your major, upcoming career fairs, and general job/intern search information. Have fun working on your career plan!
- Pathways After a Bachelor’s Degree in Business [infographic] (U.S. Census Bureau)
- 10 Hottest Jobs for Business Majors (Career Bliss)
- What are recent UMD grads doing? Check out the By Majors report from our Graduate Follow-up Report to learn about the companies, geographic locations, and positions, where recent grads are working. This could give you some great ideas for what you might want to pursue after graduation.
Internship Programs – a lot of companies have internship programs that happen every year. We have listings (Minnesota, Regional, National) of some of these companies on our Internships page to get you started.
Read! Read! Read! Know what’s going on in your intended industry. Keeping up with trends and major happenings can be a key part of your networking and job/internship search preparation.
- UMD Head of the Lakes Fall & Spring Job & Internship Fairs, early October & mid-February each year
- St. Paul Campus Job & Internship Fair, mid-September, UM Twin Cities
- Government & Nonprofit Career Fair, late-October, UM Twin Cities
- University of Minnesota Job & Internship Fair (all UMN campuses), late February each year
- For up-to-date information for each of the fairs, check out our Events page.
Other Helpful Career Planning Articles
- 25 Things to Master Before Your First Internship (YouTern)
- Job Rejections: Should You Ask for Feedback? (Prepary)
- 10 Toughest Interview Questions: Answered (Forbes)
- How to List Salary Requirements on a Cover Letter (Careerealism)
- Introvert’s Guide to the Office (Levo League)