Classes start up in just under a month. Crazy, right? Where has the summer gone? Shortly after classes start, the career fairs start. Career fairs are great events to attend if you want to find a job or internship, and also just to network with employers in order to set yourself up well for when you are looking for a job or internship. We want you to be as prepared as possible! Once the semester starts, we’ll have more posts to get you ready for the fairs. For now, here is a round-up of posts we’ve written about getting ready & surviving career fairs, along with information for the different career fairs & related events happening this Fall.
- Get Your Resume Ready for the Job Fair
- What the Employers Said (collection of live-tweeted advice from Employers who were recruiting at the Head of the Lakes Spring Job & Internship Fair this past February)
- Searching For the Perfect Match (researching employers)
Dress for Success!
- Accessorizing for the Career Fair
- Be a SHOE-in at the Job Fair
- Professional vs. Casual: Dress for Ladies
- Modern Menswear
Super helpful Pinterest boards
- Dress for Success-Men
- Dress for Success-Women
- Career & Internship Tips (has a number of career fair articles)
- E-Fest: an Engineering, Computer Science, and Science Career Fair, Sept 19, 10am-2pm, Kirby Ballroom —> the ever-growing employer list is now open for searching
- Head of the Lakes Fall Job & Internship Fair, Oct 3, 10am-2pm, Kirby Ballroom (#HOLJobs on Twitter)
- Government and Nonprofit Career Fair, Oct 28, 10am-3pm, Minneapolis
Related Events Schedule
- Resume Drop-ins have every Tuesday and Wednesday, 2-4pm in Solon Campus Center 22 (our office). All you have to do is bring a copy of your resume and your questions for a quick 5-10 minutes. No appointment needed! Trained students and a couple career counselors will be available to see you. This is great if you have a crazy schedule or are not able to make an appointment with one of the career counselors.
- Getting Ready for the Job Fair workshop: Sept 11, 12, 25, 26, and Oct 22. All workshops are 4-5pm, in SCC 22. Get great tips for everything from your resume to dress to talking with the employers to following up with them.