We are rapidly approaching the beginning of the academic year. Classes start September 3rd! We’ve put together a mini to-do list for career related items that should be completed by the end of the September (or earlier). Here’s a full breakdown of career related items you can be working on during each year of your college career.
- Come find us! We’re located in Solon Campus Center 22 (aka: The Wedge). You can also find us online at any, and all, of these locations: website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. I’d list our blog, too, but if you’re reading this, you’ve already found our blog. Kudos to you!
- Attend one of the workshops on Sept 2nd sponsored by Career Services as part of Bulldog Welcome Week.
- Land that Campus Job (will be presented twice)
- Help! What do I Want to do for the Rest of My Life? (will be presented twice)
- Building Your College Resume (9:45am)
- Are You LinkedIn? (11am)
- Research careers related to your major. Check out the Follow-up of Majors, from our Graduate Follow-up Report, to see where recent UMD grads have landed jobs right out of college.
- If you haven’t decided on your major, you can take one of our career assessments (Strong Interest Inventory, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and StrengthsQuest).
- Update and polish your resume
- Prep for upcoming career fairs (E-Fest for Science & Engineering is Sept 19 and Head of the Lakes Job & Internship Fair is Oct 3)
- Consider possible internship sites