Company culture is important. There are few people out there who aren’t affected by the environment that surrounds them at work. Company culture involves things like: mission, vision, values (envisioned & practiced), goals, how the manager/boss/president/CEO runs the workplace, and so many more things. Company culture influences how you do your work and potentially who you work with. If you are someone whose productivity and happiness are strongly influenced by the environment around you, you will want to invest a decent amount of energy into investigating the type of company culture you’ll need to succeed at your job or internship. And sometimes, you need to experience a certain environment to figure out that it doesn’t work for you.
Here are a few articles to get you started on how to discover the company culture that works for you:
- Company Culture: What is it & Why is it Important? (Levo League)
- Assimilating into a New Workforce (Peer Into Your Career)
- 5 Great Questions that Reveal a Toxic Company Culture (CareerBliss)
- Company Culture: 5 Big “Little” Things to Consider (Levo League)
- How to Show You Get the Company Culture in Your Cover Letter (Forbes)
- Assessing Workplace Culture (WetFeet)