Are you one of the many students on the UMD campus with a social science major? Odds are, you are. Our campus offers an array of social science majors ranging from Anthropology to Psychology to Cultural Entrepreneurship to Political Science. We’ve put together a few resources to help you through the career planning process. Included are: what you can do with your major and general job/internship search information. Have fun working on your career plan!
- Planning Your Career (UMD Career & Internship Services Career Handbook)
- What Can I do with a Major in Anthropology? (Peer Into Your Career)
- What Can You do with a Sociology Degree? [Infographic]
- What Can I do with a Degree in Criminal Justice? [Infographic]
- Pathways After a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science (US Census Bureau)
- Pathways After a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology (US Census Bureau)
- Federal Government Careers in Social Sciences (Go Government)
- Counseling Careers: Which Path is Best for You? [Infographic]
Internship Programs: a lot of companies have internship programs that happen every year. We have listings (Minnesota, Regional, National) of some of these companies on our Internships page to get you started with your search.
Other Helpful Career Planning Articles
- How to Rally if You Didn’t Get a Summer Internship (Levo League)
- 10 Job Hunting Tips (A Beautiful Mess)
- 10 Tips to Master the Phone Interview (Undercover Recruiter)
- 3 Ways to Write Cover Letters That Win (Ashley Ellis)
- What to Bring on the First Day of Work (Peer Into Your Career)