Happy first day of classes!
If you’re brand new to UMD, welcome! Not new? Welcome back! It’s been a little too quiet around here without you this summer. With the start of the school year, we thought it would be helpful to remind you of our services and upcoming events we have.
Contrary to popular belief, we work with students of all ages…not just juniors and seniors. Here’s a rundown of why you may want to stop by SCC 22 in the Wedge.
- trying to figure out your major and/or minor (picking, changing, confirming, etc).
- looking for an internship or job.
- exploring career options for your major.
- wanting to start your resume or have it reviewed.
- getting ready for job fairs, interviews, and/or applying to professional or graduate school.
- wondering what your options are for graduate school.
- lost, and want to find your way (on-campus or in life).
We’re here for you!
Upcoming events to keep in mind:
- Workshop schedule (first one is Sept 5th).
- Sept 14: E-Fest Job & Internship Fair for science, engineering, and computer science majors.
- Resume Drop-ins are every Tuesday and Wednesday, 2-4pm, in SCC 22, while classes are in session. Yep, they start on Tuesday!
- LinkedIn/GoldPASS drop-ins are every Thursday, 2-4pm, in SCC 22, while classes are in session. They start on Thursday.
- You can stop by to have your resume reviewed anytime we’re open, M-F 8-4:30pm.
- Oct 6: Head of the Lakes Job & Internship Fair for everyone.
- Employers will be interviewing on-campus. Check GoldPASS for the latest schedule.
- Full event schedule.
Cool New Features for 2016-17
- We are collaborating with Disability Resources both in-person and online. Our two offices are working together to bring you a workshop series to help address the unique challenges students may face related to disability and the job search. Starting next week we’ll be launching a year-long blog collaboration to address topics around disabilities in the workplace. We’re sooo excited about this collaboration.
- #BulldogOnTheJob is a new blog series we’re launching this week. Every few weeks we’ll be featuring UMD alumni as they share their journeys and advice about life after UMD.
Feel free to check our office website for information on everything related to careers. Stay tuned to the blog awesome new topics from students, for students, coming your way!