By: Ellen (Career Counselor & guest blogger)
Here’s part two of the job search tips we sent out during the summer on our Twitter account. I should explain this briefly. We frequently send out job search related content on our Twitter account. This was a concentrated effort (with a hashtag & everything) to share a #JobSearchTip every day that we were sending out content on Twitter. If you haven’t checked out part 1 yet, do so.
I thought it would be helpful to have all those tips in one (or two) places. Today, I’m sharing all of the job search tips that we tweeted out during July. Even if it’s not July, these tips can be helpful for whenever you’re conducting a job search.
- Using informational interviews as a job search technique.
- How to break down a job posting.
- Ever thought about freelancing or working remotely? Here are some places to find opportunities. Via: YouTern
- Tailor your resume to each application. Yes, this takes time, but make it easy for your reader to understand how you’re qualified.
- Job search rejection: how to bounce back & move forward. Via: YouTern
- How to find your references.
- Here are some key questions to ask yourself when figuring out your job “fit.”
- Land the job – things to think about after you get your job offer.
- Here is every blog post we’ve ever written about the job search. Find the advice you need/want.
- Use social media to your advantage. Follow companies you’re interested in…they may just be posting opportunities!
- Make job search sites work for you – save your searches! Here’s a how-to using GoldPASS.
- Gotten into bullet journaling yet? We whipped up a mock habit tracker for the job/intern search!
There you have it. So many job search tips in one place. Go forth and conquer the job search process!
Of Possible Interest: