Year in School: Junior
When I started working at Career & Internship Services: Fall 2018
I can’t possibly pick one favorite place in Duluth, so I guess I will share a few. On a warm summer day I love visiting the Portland Malt Shop and walking along the Lake Walk or going through the shops in the Fitgers building. I have the best memories in these areas from when my family vacationed here when I was a child. My hobbies include traveling and exploring new places, trying coffee shops and restaurants, and hiking. A few of my newfound favorites in Duluth include Va Bene and Amity Coffee.
The best career advice that I have received was from my dad when I began my search for an internship, he stated: “all that matters is that you surround yourself with good people, work hard, have fun, and be a good communicator with all”. This laundry list of items is something that I carry with me as I go through my day-to-day life. My piece of advice for other students would be to remember that every single person you meet or experience you have is an opportunity to grow career-wise, as well as personally. Don’t be afraid to meet new people. You never know where a new connection will take you.
Read Amanda’s Posts:
- Insider Tips From a Recruiter
- Connecting Experiences for the Interview
- Large Scale Internship Programs: What it Looks Like and the Pros of Going Through the Program
- Exploring Sales as a Career and a Major
- The Power of Connections
- Navigating the Curveballs
- Tips on Marketing Yourself from a Marketing Student
- The Hidden Benefits of Greek Life
- Applying for Internships as a Sophomore
- 4 Tips for When You Realize You’re in Over Your Head
- Meet Amanda