Hey, I’m McKenzie and I am a double major in Cultural Entrepreneurship and Hispanic Studies. I moved to Duluth in Fall of 2015 and I found my favorite place soon after moving here my freshman year. There is a spot on the rocks near Lake Superior that is a bit of a hike, but well worth it. During the day you can dip your feet into the water and during the night you can set up a fire and gaze at the stars. I enjoy going into the woods and exploring new areas. I like to take my friends along with me since it is a great bonding experience when you discover new places together. I began working at Career and Internship Services Fall 2016, and it has been an amazing experience. Some of the best career advice that I have ever received was when I was told, “do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.” My advice to peers about careers is an addition to the best career advice I have ever received. My advice is that our lives and the things that we love are constantly evolving, therefore our paths do not remain fixed, so always be open to opportunities and dabble with the ideas that grasp your curiosity.
Posts McKenzie has written:
- Career Advice for College Graduates
- Classic Songs that Describe Your College Experience
- Professional Clothes on a Budget
- What Employers Want You to Know at the Job Fair
- You Shared WHAT?!
- The Art of Maintaining a Busy Schedule
- Informational Interviewing Got Me an Internship
- If You’re Afraid of Networking then You’re Doing it Wrong
- Proper Email Etiquette
- Freshmen: 5 Ways to Overcome the Second Semester Slump
- Meet McKenzie