Major: Human Resource Management
Year in school: Senior
Length of time worked at UMD Career & Internship Services: Started Fall 2016
Favorite place in Duluth: Hartley, Lester, and Chester Park… anywhere you can hammock!
Favorite hobbies: I love organizing, playing soccer and basketball, hiking, skiing, dancing at weddings, and driving up the shore with friends.
Fun Facts: I am from Austin, MN, also known as Spamtown, USA. I’ve hiked the Grand Canyon rim-to-rim, jumped in a glacier fjord in Norway, and summited three 14,000 foot mountains! If you get to know me well, you may get the chance to hear me drop a beat and rap.
Best career advice you’ve received: Connections are the key to success. Using who you know and what you know will get you to where you want to be. Continue to build new friendships, professional relationships, and make sure you maintain these connections. You never know who could have your back in the future.
Piece of advice you have for other students: Do your best and forget the rest! Be authentic. It’s so simple but so true. Put your best foot forward and let others see who you are.
Read Tori’s Posts:
- Removing, Rebooting, and Relocating
- Tori’s Senior Bucket List
- Slowing Down During Spring Semester
- What Does an All-Day Interview Look Like?
- What to do with Morocco? (resume, interviews, etc)
- Meet Me in Morocco: Study Abroad Part 3
- Meet Me in Morocco: Study Abroad Part 2
- How to Say NO
- Meet Me in Morocco: Study Abroad Part 1
- Social Media Squad at the UMN Job Fair
- Navigating Human Resources: Part 2
- Navigating Human Resources: Part 1
- Know How to Use the Tools in the Toolbox
- 3 Things I Learned While Interning at Hormel Foods
- Meet Tori