Year in school: Graduated!
Length of time worked at UMD Career & Internship Services: January 2011 – May 2013
Favorite place in Duluth: Probably 7 Bridges Road. It is a nice drive. I also love the lake walk in the summer. You can’t beat it!
Best career advice you’ve received: Do what makes you happy. Find your passions and follow them!
Piece of career advice you have for other students: Start early! Research everything you’re interested in. Majors, industries, companies, everything. Know exactly what you want to do by the end of your sophomore year and then start branding yourself.
Next Steps: Since graduating in 2013, Abby has done marketing for a number of Duluth-based companies, planned large-scale events, and started her own marketing company.
Posts Abby has written:
- 5 Lessons Learned While Being in the Real World for Over a Year
- 4 Takeaways for Professionals from “Lean In” by Sheryl Sandberg
- Abby’s Nuggets of Knowledge
- How to Stay Professional on Your Mobile Phone
- The Strength In Relating (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- What to Bring on the First Day of Work
- Researching Before the Interview
- CliftonStrengths for Students – Responsibility (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Using Informational Interviews as a Job Search Technique
- Time Management During the Job Search
- A Strength to WOO (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Personal Branding – Knowing Yourself
- Finding Your Job “Fit”
- Abby’s Tips for the Job Search
- 3 Steps to Branding Yourself
- Futuristic: Soaring With Your Strengths (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Meet Abby