Year in school: Graduated!
Length of time worked at UMD Career & Internship Services: January 2011 – May 2013
Favorite place in Duluth: Probably 7 Bridges Road. It is a nice drive. I also love the lake walk in the summer. You can’t beat it!
Best career advice you’ve received: Do what makes you happy. Find your passions and follow them!
Piece of career advice you have for other students: Start early! Research everything you’re interested in. Majors, industries, companies, everything. Know exactly what you want to do by the end of your sophomore year and then start branding yourself.
Next Steps: Abby has started her own company specializing in digital marketing and event planning.
Posts Abby has written:
- 5 Lessons Learned While Being in the Real World for Over a Year
- 4 Takeaways for Professionals from “Lean In” by Sheryl Sandberg
- Abby’s Nuggets of Knowledge
- How to Stay Professional on Your Mobile Phone
- The Strength In Relating (StrengthsQuest)
- What to Bring on the First Day of Work
- Researching Before the Interview
- StrengthsQuest -Responsibility (StrengthsQuest)
- Using Informational Interviews as a Job Search Technique
- Time Management During the Job Search
- A Strength to WOO (StrengthsQuest)
- Personal Branding – Knowing Yourself
- Finding Your Job “Fit”
- Abby’s Tips for the Job Search
- 3 Steps to Branding Yourself
- Futuristic: Soaring With Your Strengths (StrengthsQuest)
- Meet Abby