My name is Ashlee and I recently graduated with a Marketing major. I worked with Career and Internship Services since the beginning of my sophomore year for a grand total of three years. Since starting at Career and Internship Services, I’ve worn a couple of different hats: as an alumni caller and helped with prospective freshman presentations.
My favorite place in Duluth is Grandma’s Restaurant in Canal Park. I’ve been coming to Duluth as a vacation destination with my family for years, and as a child, some of my fondest memories took place at Grandma’s Restaurant.
The best career advice I’ve ever received was from a professor of mine who spoke to me about the importance of personal branding. He stated “All you have, to get ahead in your career, is your personal brand; there will be hundreds of other people with the same internships, GPA, and extracurriculars that you have.”
Next Steps: Ashlee is now an Internal Sales Consultant.
Read posts Ashlee has written:
- Goodbye (Only for Now)
- Dressing for an Interview
- The Importance of Personal Branding
- Post-Interview Follow-up MUSTS!
- The Benefits of Job Fairs
- Public Speaking: Are You Fearful?
- Striving for Success
- Sales: Why are People so Frightened By It?
- What Should You be Looking for in Future Employers
- Why Should I get Involved on Campus?
- Meet Ashlee