Major and minor: Biology major with a minor in Chemistry
Year in school: Graduated!
Length of time worked at UMD Career & Internship Services: Fall 2011 – Spring 2015
Favorite place in Duluth: I like Canal Park, but anywhere near the shore of the lake is good with me.
Best career advice you’ve received: The best advice I ever received was from my mom and it went a little like “do what you are passionate about, know yourself and explore all possibilities and don’t worry you can always change your mind.”
Piece of career advice you have for other students: Do not be afraid to ask questions. If you feel lost, then you are going to stay lost. No question is a stupid one.
Next Steps: Ashley completed a post-baccalaureate program in Medical Laboratory Science and now works as a Lab Scientist in a healthcare facility.
Posts written by Ashley:
- Ashley’s Final Thoughts
- The Power of Introverts – A TED Talk Breakdown
- Career Lessons from Lord of the Rings
- Benefits of Job Shadowing
- Tools to Help with Job Searching Outside of Minnesota
- How to Prepare for Interviews
- Checking Out Post-Bachelors Certificates
- National Career Development Month
- Trying Something New
- Insider Tips for Applying to Graduate School Event
- Welcome to the Fall 2014 Semester
- Other Career Blogs to Check Out
- Lessons Learned from Disney
- Maximize Your Strengths (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Our Top 5 Services for Freshman
- Career Planning from Your Favorite TV Shows
- Strength in Being Deliberative (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Career Resources for Veterans
- 5 Lessons of Career Development
- Mastering Time Management
- Learning from a Not So Great Experience
- Be an Arranger (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Front Desk FAQs
- Finding Current Trends
- Going Global: A How-To Guide
- Analytical as a Strength (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- What is a Portfolio?
- Pinterest + Your Job Search
- Achieving Your Career Goals
- What Can You do With a Major in Biology?
- Practice Makes Perfect (highlighting Interview Stream)
- Intellection: A Strength in Depth (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Find Your Passion, Find Your Career
- Strong Interest Inventory in a Nutshell
- Meet Ashley