Major: Healthcare Management
Year in School: Graduated!
Length of time work at UMD Career Services: Fall 2009 – Spring 2013
Favorite Place in Duluth: Spirit Mountain (you can see everything from up there)
Best Career Advice I have received: “Don’t let your major decide your career for you” (said to me by the current Vice President of Quality Assurance at Wells Fargo, who happens to have a degree in electrical engineering)
Piece of Career Advice: Choose a career that challenges you instead of one that is easy for you, it will be more rewarding for you in the end.
Next Steps: After graduating from UMD in May 2013, Cody is now working as a Senior EHR Support Analyst.
Posts Cody has written:
- We Only Part to Meet Again
- Non-Competes (Employment Agreements)
- Traveling for Work
- Dressing Up for Phone Interviews
- How To: Negotiate Your Salary
- How to Find Your References
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- Being an Includer (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Asking Questions in Interviews
- Going Above and Beyond
- Unpaid Internships
- The Missing Milestone: Finding a Mentor
- Restorative: A Strength in Problem Solving (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- How to Tailor Your Resume
- Meet Cody