Major: Exercise Science with a concentration in Exercise & Sport Science
Year in school: Graduated!
Length of time worked at UMD Career Services: Fall 2011 – Fall 2013
Favorite place in Duluth: Rollerblading on the lake walk or breakfast at Uncle Loui’s, it’s a close tie!
Best career advice you’ve received: Start making connections early and often! Those networking ties can be a great support system to ask when you have questions and when trying to reach your goal.
Piece of career advice you have for other students: Not everyone can be the best at everything, find what your good at and be the best in that! Don’t be afraid to take detours along the way, unplanned experiences are sometimes what we learn the most from.
Next Steps: After graduating from UMD in May 2013, Justine completed a doctorate in Physical Therapy and now works as a Physical Therapist.
Posts written by Justine:
- Surviving the First Year of Grad School
- Last Week as a Bulldog
- Healthy Living in the Office
- How to Get Into a Physical Therapy Program
- Graduate School: Considerations on Choosing a Program
- What Can You do with an Exercise Science Major?
- Get Your Resume Ready for the Job Fair
- Taking on Graduate School Applications
- Empathy: Take a Walk in Their Shoes (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Make the Most of Your Winter Break
- Everyday Communication (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- How Can Career & Internship Services Help With Your Resume?
- 4 Ways to Get a Reality Check
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Meet Justine