Major and minor: Double major in Anthropology & Psychology; Minor in Linguistics
Year in school: Graduated!
Length of time worked at UMD Career & Internship Services: Fall 2011 – Spring 2016
Favorite place in Duluth: Glensheen. The grounds, the house, the people.
Best career advice you’ve received: Be open and flexible. Sometimes things just drop in your lap and you have to run with it.
Piece of career advice you have for other students: “Do what you love and love what you do.” It’s cliche, but I think a lot of people forget that.
Posts Meg has written:
- For the December Graduates
- Interviewing as an Introvert
- What Can I Put on my Resume? Anthropology Edition
- How to Use the Graduate Follow-up Report
- 8 (More) Jobs You do with Anthropology
- The Top 3 Things to Take Away From “10 Career Tips for 20-Somethings”
- What to Think About: Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- I Just go to Classes…and…
- When Grad School is for You – Just Not Right Now
- 4 Tips to Ace the Interview
- Conduct a Successful Internship Search
- Boost Your Resume by Volunteering
- Developing Your Online Presence
- How to Unplug
- Working on Your Career Over Winter Break
- 4 Reasons to Learn How to Speak in Public
- What Can I Do With Anthropology?
- Pop Culture Career Lessons
- Why in the World Should I be a Teacher’s Assistant
- The Balancing Act
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Getting Ahead as an Introvert
- Looking at Context (StrengthsQuest)
- The Insider’s Look at the Graduate Follow-up Report
- Reaching Your Goals (Even When You Don’t Feel Like It)
- Being the Mediator: Harmony (StrengthsQuest)
- Grad School: Yes, No, Maybe So
- How to Get the Most Out of College-Type Jobs
- To Double or Not To Double
- GLBT in the Workplace
- What Can I Do With Psychology
- The Ins and Outs of Minors
- Activator: Climbing the Ladder, One Idea at a Time (StrengthsQuest)
- Meet Megan