Major(s): Accounting, Philosophy
Minors: English, French
Year in School: Graduated!
Length of time worked at UMD Career & Internship Services: October 2012-December 2014
Favorite Place in Duluth: Zen Garden at Enger Tower, Brighton Beach, Skyline overlook, The Boardwalk, and so much more, I was born and raised here!
Best career advice you’ve received: Utilize the three R’s: Respect, Responsibility, and Resourcefulness.
Piece of career advice you have for other students: Find out what your interests are, make a plan for the future, and always be open to finding resources anywhere and at anytime.
Next Steps: Worked in a variety of accounting and finance positions. Completed a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree and is now working as a Director of Finance for a nonprofit organization.
Read posts Michael has written:
- The Importance of Doing More: Before, During, & After College
- Blogception: A Blog Post About Blogging
- Why Major in Philosophy?
- Hobbies & Interests: Application and Interview Tips
- Where Does it Work to Network?
- Health & Fitness for Busy Individuals
- Deciding to Relocate for Work?
- Referrals: A Boost to Your Career Search
- Dealing with Rejection
- You Are What You’ve Experienced
- Deadlines in the Career World
- Assimilating into a New Workforce
- Why Employers do Credit Checks
- Internship Faux Pas
- Preferred Methods of Communication
- Importance of Multi-Skill Development
- Why Should You be an Accounting Major?
- Why Interviewing Skills are Important
- What You Can Do to Build Your Resume
- Why Networking Works
- How to Handle a Competitive Work Environment
- Meet Michael