Majors: Finance and Political Science
Year in School: Graduated!
Length of time worked in Career & Internship Services: 2 years
Favorite Place in the Duluth Area: Gooseberry Falls
Best Career Advice: Start early! Resumes, online profiles, and interests change and evolve over time. However, if you begin the career planning process early enough- you will be prepared for any bends in the river. You will be aware of the types of work environments you perform best in as well as how to showcase yourself in prime light to future employers. The earlier you start the career planning process, the better off you will be when the time comes for internships and job searching.
Next Steps: Since graduating in December 2013, Taylor has managed a coffee shop, worked in insurance, spent time on a yacht, and now runs her own business.
Posts Taylor has written:
- Taylor’s Lessons Learned at UMD
- Finding the Best Advice
- Success After Breakfast
- Mentors: We Can’t All be Superhuman
- Influencers on How They Hire
- Get Noticed
- U of M Job Fair Internship Survey
- Input: Who Wants to Know More? (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Career Moves You’ll Regret
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Being a Learner is Fun (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- The Space That Works For You
- Kick Productivity Up a Notch
- Basics to Know About the GRE Exam
- Achiever: Getting Things Done (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Figuring Out “Twitterverse”
- Services for Veterans
- Highlight Your Skills
- What Should I Do With My Life?
- Meet Taylor