Year in school: Graduated!
Major and minor: Integrated Elementary & Special Education, Communication minor
Length of time worked at UMD Career & Internship Services: Fall 2011 – Spring 2015
Favorite place in Duluth: Canal Park or Skyline Parkway
Best career advice you’ve received: My dad told me this quote when I was looking at changing my major that is by Confucius, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
Piece of career advice you have for other students: Do what you want to with your future, not what those around you tell you to do. You will never love the path you are on if you travel it because someone else wants you to.
Posts by Whitney
- Whitney’s Farewell Advice
- How to Have a Successful Practicum Experience
- Tips for Your Teaching Resume
- What do I put in a Teaching Portfolio?
- Why Make a Teaching Portfolio
- Educational Computing & Technology Certificate
- What is the edTPA?
- What Tests are Needed to Become a Teacher in Minnesota
- What Can I do with a Communication Major?
- Words to Use on a Teaching Resume Other Than “Taught”
- Be More Productive by Being Organized
- What Else Can I do with a Degree in Education?
- Do More with Your Summer
- Tips for Surviving Panel Interviews
- Being Connected (StrengthsQuest)
- What Happens When You Apply for a Job Where You Already Work?
- Email Etiquette 101
- Have It Your Way
- How to Jump Start Your Resume
- Get to Know Your Professors
- Developing the Potential in Others (StrengthsQuest)
- Home for the Holidays Prep Guide
- What Can Volunteering do for You?
- Keep the Motivation Going
- To Change a Major?
- Meet Whitney