Year in school: Graduated!
Length of time worked at UMD Career & Internship Services: January 2011 – May 2014
Favorite place in Duluth: Canal Park/ Lake Walk
Best career advice you’ve received: We are all in the business of marketing. We create a brand for ourselves through networking, skill, and work ethic. Once we recognize that experience and knowledge, we turn around and sell it to the one who needs our skills most. ~ UMD Marketing Professor
Piece of career advice you have for other students: Be true to yourself and follow you passion, because if you are doing what you love, you will never have to “work” a day in your life.
Next Steps: Since graduating, Zach now works at a marketing firm as an Assistant Account Executive.
Posts written by Zach:
- Advice and Adieu
- What to Wear for Different Career Events
- LinkedIn Pulse
- Study Abroad: Common Misconceptions
- Networking 101 – Informational Interviews
- Study Abroad: Telling Stories & Sharing Skills
- Choosing a Study Abroad Program That is Right for You
- From the Desk of a Peer Educator
- Learn, Grow, & Achieve: Developing Skills While Abroad
- Staying the “Course”
- Back from Abroad
- Study Abroad: The Big Picture
- Studying Abroad: Searching for Jobs Back Home
- Competition is Key (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- “Uni” in the UK
- What’s So Special About Studying Abroad Anyway?
- The UK Curriculum Vitae vs. The US Resume
- My Jump Across the Big, Blue Pond
- Where do You See Yourself in 10 Years?
- Why LinkedIn?
- Preparing for a Phone Interview
- Networking Events 101
- Ideation: Thinking Outside the Box (CliftonStrengths for Students)
- Meet Zach